NationStates Hyrule Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D

Former forum of NationStates Hyrule
NationStatesHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D

Go down 
5 posters

The ___ of Hyrule / Legislative Body / Ness for Queen (1 Vote Each Subject!!!)
Angelically Illuminated..Region (c Krits post)
Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge11217%Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge310
 17% [ 3 ]
Commonwealth
Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge11217%Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge310
 17% [ 3 ]
Community
Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge1126%Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge310
 6% [ 1 ]
Senate
Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge11211%Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge310
 11% [ 2 ]
Assembly
Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge1120%Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge310
 0% [ 0 ]
Parliament
Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge11211%Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge310
 11% [ 2 ]
People's Governing..Hyrule (c Krits post)
Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge1120%Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge310
 0% [ 0 ]
Supreme Council
 11% [ 2 ]
Ness for Queen
Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge1126%Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge310
 6% [ 1 ]
Or Ness is Queen ;)
Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge11221%Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Edge310
 21% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Ness Snorlaxia
Administrator
Administrator

Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Empty
PostSubject: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D EmptyTue 18 Aug 2009 - 20:59

[EM]

Topic has been split from the first. New poll has been put at the top from "Lets fill in the blanks!" and this new topic. Please vote once on each subject. Thanks!
[/EM]

I think it would be a good idea to reword it and not make it sound like the previous ninety constitutions. I'd prefer something structured like below, as it offers more than a basic outline of government (and puts them up front, instead of just tacked on as additional amendments):

-Preamble / Official Regional Name / Goals and Values of Hyrule
-Citizenship, Definition of Citizenship and Rights of Citizens
-Definition of the Regional Government and its Branches
--Election Times and Procedures
-Regional Administration
--Founder
--Co-Admin
--RP Mod
-Regional Cabinet
--Prime Minister
--Delegate
--Ministry of Immigration
--Ministry of Foreign Affairs
-Judicial System
--Head Judge
--Procedure of Trials
-Regional Legislature
-Ratification of Constitution and Replacement of TGA

Alternatively, instead of having a single constitution, we could pass everything as separate laws and refer to them as basic laws of the region.

That's just what I think, get something more original instead of explicitly sticking to traditions. Tongue Out

Oh, just one minor nitpick.
A.
Quote :

1.1 The Regional Founder is the Founder, Mega Mindy, and Queen of Hyrule.
It's just Founder and Mega Mindy, no "queen" in the title. Wink

Last edited by South Malaysia on Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 2:40; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Split topic)
Back to top Go down
Porcu
Nation
Nation
Porcu

PostSubject: Re: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D EmptyTue 18 Aug 2009 - 22:23

Ness Snorlaxia wrote:
Quote :

But I want you as my Queen Sad
Back to top Go down
South Malaysia
Administrator
Administrator
South Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D EmptyTue 18 Aug 2009 - 23:52

Porcu wrote:
Ness Snorlaxia wrote:
Quote :

But I want you as my Queen Sad

We should have a vote on this. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://hyrule.org
South Malaysia
Administrator
Administrator
South Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D EmptyWed 19 Aug 2009 - 0:00

Ness Snorlaxia wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to reword it and not make it sound like the previous ninety constitutions. I'd prefer something structured like below, as it offers more than a basic outline of government (and puts them up front, instead of just tacked on as additional amendments):

-Preamble / Official Regional Name / Goals and Values of Hyrule
-Citizenship, Definition of Citizenship and Rights of Citizens
-Definition of the Regional Government and its Branches
--Election Times and Procedures
-Regional Administration
--Founder
--Chief Administrator
--RP Mod
(--Culture Mod: if we had one, what could they do?)
-Regional Cabinet
--Prime Minister
--Delegate
--Ministry of Immigration
--Ministry of Foreign Affairs
-Judicial System
--Head Judge
--Procedure of Trials
-Regional Legislature
-Ratification of Constitution and Replacement of TGA

Alternatively, instead of having a single constitution, we could pass everything as separate laws and refer to them as basic laws of the region.

That's just what I think, get something more original instead of explicitly sticking to traditions. Tongue Out

Oh, just one minor nitpick.
A.
Quote :

Sounds Good. I did make a small, small edit, which is in this post. Tongue Out I just want a fancy title.

Should we use the same writing of the previous constitution just in a new format?

Also in (_____________) I make a thought. Maybe a global mod? Or a open position. O.o
Back to top Go down
Ness Snorlaxia
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D EmptyWed 19 Aug 2009 - 2:28

We could use a similar style of writing, but we should try to avoid using the exact same one.

As for Culture Mod, we could probably divy up those responsibilities between the Co-Admin and Founder, or someone else in the Cabinet.

Here's a random idea: Why not require nations who are at or above the endorsement cap (if we ever set one) to state their intent to challenge the delegate for his position and hold a special election to determine who the next delegate is? Should make things more interesting, but might mess up a few things.

Here's another random idea: Allow people to hold two positions during the deadzone times, but only one during periods of normal activity.
Back to top Go down
South Malaysia
Administrator
Administrator
South Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D EmptySat 22 Aug 2009 - 2:10

Regional Constitution of the _______ of Hyrule

Preamble
We, the nations of the [SOMETHING] of Hyrule, in order to form a confederacy of sovereign nations, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and the guaranteeing of liberty among nations, do hereby ordain and establish this Regional Constitution of the [SOMETHING] of Hyrule.

Official Regional Name
Hyrule shall be formally known as the [SOMETHING] of Hyrule

Goals and Values of Hyrule
As a region, Hyrule, endeavors to abolish irrelevant World Assembly Resolutions that violate our national sovereignty or judges regions/nations on feelings over facts. Also Hyrule strives to be one of the best regions in NationStates in value, resources, and opportunity.

The [SOMETHING] of Hyrule is a peaceful, neutral, and freeport region that accepts all types of nations, ideologies, and opinions per following all Regional Laws, Rules, and Common Courtesy.

Citizenship, Definition of Citizenship and Rights of Citizens

Definition of the Regional Government and its Branches

Election Times and Procedures

Regional Administration

Founder

Chief Administrator

RP Mod

Regional Cabinet

Prime Minister

Delegate

Ministry of Immigration

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Judicial System

Head Judge

Procedure of Trials

Regional Legislature

Ratification of Constitution and Replacement of the TGA

[EM]
I decided to format the new format! :O and do a little of it. But I would like everyone to contribute to this. All you really have to do in some parts is reformat it and etc. So who wants what parts?

I want Regional Administration. xD.

I also want to suggest that the Prime Minister also be the President of the [legislative body]

[/EM]

Back to top Go down
tallsville
Nation
Nation

PostSubject: Re: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D EmptySun 23 Aug 2009 - 11:10

I'll take election times and prcedures and RP mod. Please? Good
Back to top Go down
Porcu
Nation
Nation
Porcu

PostSubject: Re: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D EmptyMon 24 Aug 2009 - 8:15

You know he means draft the language of the Constitution for those positions, right Talls?

The earliest I can work on this will be Thursday but I can try and write up whatever's left.
Back to top Go down
South Malaysia
Administrator
Administrator
South Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D EmptyTue 25 Aug 2009 - 0:07

Yes, taking section of it and I took the one that I can word the best to work in. But Talls you can have citizenship and whatever you come up with I will spell/grammar/reword if needed plus add any detail it may need. But for most of it just read the old one on the old forum and reword it etc in this new format.

Now Por, pick one section and work on that. I'm sure Ness and others will want to have a section too. We might all end up doing 2 sections. Depends.
Back to top Go down
tallsville
Nation
Nation

PostSubject: Re: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D EmptyTue 25 Aug 2009 - 9:36

Aye, aye, sir!
Back to top Go down
TechnoUnion
Nation
Nation
TechnoUnion

PostSubject: Re: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D EmptyTue 25 Aug 2009 - 11:55

I have several questions...

South Malaysia wrote:

Why do we need a Constitution at all? Such a document should limit the power of individual member states (and transfer those powers to another body), and I don't see in which ways?

Quote :

in order to form a confederacy
Was this decided on already?

Quote :
provide for the common defense
Such idea was rejected, as I recall, in my very own RP? Why would I accept this as a mandatory act now? The other member nations indicated they would accept trade, nothing more. Please correct this.

Quote :
guaranteeing of liberty among nations
How exactly is this defined? I can understand individual liberty, liberty of a nation, but what exactly would "liberty among nations" mean?

Quote :

The [SOMETHING] of Hyrule is a peaceful, neutral, and freeport region
Why "neutral"? If this is limited by a Constitution, then the member states would not be permitted to enter any RPs in "NS/international incidents," right? Moreover, I see "peaceful" as a requirement to make all NS decisions such as to lower military spending. This is also an important aspect of sovereignty.

Also:
Quote :
I am sure many may wonder what the TGA is exactly.
It is simply the democratic, popular vote legislative body headed by me.
Democracy seems to be implied in several places. A "Queen" is also implied elsewhere. How is this compatible in intself, and how is it compatible with the fact that neither the Technocratic Union or, say, Kingdom of Metz are democratic?
Back to top Go down
South Malaysia
Administrator
Administrator
South Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D EmptyTue 25 Aug 2009 - 16:02

I can answer them all. Smile I will be in this color

Since you are one of our newer players, the exacts of how NationStates IC/OOC works are complex.

TechnoUnion wrote:
I have several questions...

South Malaysia wrote:

Why do we need a Constitution at all? Such a document should limit the power of individual member states (and transfer those powers to another body), and I don't see in which ways?

A regional constitution is a document that is more implied to the players behind the nations they play. For simplicity purposes its the Role Play of the region and how certain task are done, who does them, and the relationship between them. The vast majority of a NS constitution of a region is OOC in nature.

Quote :

in order to form a confederacy
Was this decided on already?

No. In the term of generalities, "confederacy," is used as a term that all individual players are free to do what they want with their nation.

Quote :
provide for the common defense
Such idea was rejected, as I recall, in my very own RP? Why would I accept this as a mandatory act now? The other member nations indicated they would accept trade, nothing more. Please correct this.

This term is used as in that as individual players of nations that we will do what it takes to keep our region safe and secure.

Quote :
guaranteeing of liberty among nations
How exactly is this defined? I can understand individual liberty, liberty of a nation, but what exactly would "liberty among nations" mean?

That as individual players behind nations that you have the liberty to control your nations how you want with others.

Quote :

The [SOMETHING] of Hyrule is a peaceful, neutral, and freeport region
Why "neutral"? If this is limited by a Constitution, then the member states would not be permitted to enter any RPs in "NS/international incidents," right? Moreover, I see "peaceful" as a requirement to make all NS decisions such as to lower military spending. This is also an important aspect of sovereignty.

This would be the official stance of the Regional Government which is OOC from IC RP but IC for the acts of government from members in Government Roles. Basically we're not going to pick sides unless the constitution is changed by popular vote.

Also:
Quote :
I am sure many may wonder what the TGA is exactly.
It is simply the democratic, popular vote legislative body headed by me.
Democracy seems to be implied in several places. A "Queen" is also implied elsewhere. How is this compatible in intself, and how is it compatible with the fact that neither the Technocratic Union or, say, Kingdom of Metz are democratic?

As I have said before this is a aspect of NS that does not effect the actually nations we Role Play.

Now a lot of this may be confusing at first but most regions in NS will have similar documents but each are different. The best why for you to look at is, is that is a different aspect of RP that has no relation to what your nations is but who you are as a individual.

I may RP the nations of South Malaysia or East Malaysia IC but OOC that is the name I go by, some know my real name but its just cooler to go by what your account name on NS is. If you have anymore questions, please ask! I am always glad to help!
I understand that some aspects have to be explained.
Back to top Go down
TechnoUnion
Nation
Nation
TechnoUnion

PostSubject: Re: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009 - 9:15

Well, if that is just a statement of rules for players, what is the meaning of using terms like "constitution," "ministers" etc.? This can be simply caled "forum rules." These political terms imply some kind of RP, right?

Also, regional rules having nothing to do with how the players govern their nations is a bit senseless to me (?)
Back to top Go down
South Malaysia
Administrator
Administrator
South Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D EmptyWed 26 Aug 2009 - 13:12

In a unique way it is a RP of sorts. People playing roles of government. Basically people who take these roles, like myself, are really just public relations between plays-regions. If regions did not organize in this way, the activity would be much, much lower.

The rules govern the region and its players. People are going to be referred to "nations," because in NationStates that what they are. Its a OOC/IC thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D   Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D Empty

Back to top Go down

Full Draft! New Poll! Read Me! Read me! :D
Page 1 of 1