5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Porcu
Nation
Nation
Porcu

The Coronation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Coronation   The Coronation - Page 2 EmptyMon 3 Aug 2009 - 13:18

Soviet Premier Vladslav Lukin had recently arrived in Metz with the rest of the Soviet delegation. Hailing from a small country and not yet on the world stage, the small group stood out quite plainly in the large airport of the Kingdom. Lukin had recently risen through the Party ranks and been elected General Secretary of the Communist Party; at thirty-eight he was the youngest person to do so.

Domestic issues, such as an expansion of heavy industry and territory, had just finished, allowing the fresh, young premier time to look outside of his borders. New at the game of international politics, Lukin could not help but carry a facade of nervousness but within a short time the tough Soviet character would make himself known.
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

PostSubject: Re: The Coronation   The Coronation - Page 2 EmptyMon 3 Aug 2009 - 15:01

Ndedi, the favorite delegate of King Gavin the II, was sent to greet the Soviet Premier and his delegation. He wanted to learn about this new nation and see its goals and aims as a country. The King returned to his office and made sure everything was in place and ready for the meeting. He then sat and waited for the Delegation and Premier Vladislav Lukin to arrive.

While the King was waiting, Ndedi approached the men in the airport.
"Hello, I am Ndedi, a delegate for The Kingdom of Metz. I was sent by King Gavin the II himself to see that you are greeted and in good care. I take it the flight was smooth? You dont look battered up at least." Ndedi said trying to be friendly and relieve some tension from Delegacy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=rhymetzia
Porcu
Nation
Nation
Porcu

PostSubject: Re: The Coronation   The Coronation - Page 2 EmptyMon 3 Aug 2009 - 16:57

Lukin replied in the affirmative but not in the native language of Metz. Ndedi quickly saw that a busy afternoon was in store for him and the Soviet Premier's translator.

"I do not like to waste time..." Lukin remarked, his anxiety slowly wearing away as he became used to the foreign environment.

Introductions were kept short. Accompanying the premier were various trade officials, who would hopefully be able to negotiate a massive agreement with the host nation, as well as a couple of military leaders. The official state visit to Metz was the first such visit for a Soviet leader; granted the young communist nation was only seventeen years old.

Eventually arriving before the King himself, Premier Lukin stuck out his hand and vigorously shook the King's own outstretched hand. Though during such occasions the Soviets would toast to a successful negotiation and for good luck it appeared that the Metzians did not celebrate in such a manner and while Lukin complained to the rest of the delegation about it he made sure that it did not interrupt the proceedings with the King.

Settling down, Lukin's interpreter began to forward the words of the Soviet Premier.

"I would like to thank you on behalf of the people of the Soviet Union for your generosity. Metz is a wonderful capital and splendid nation and I sincerely hope that these talks will prove to be an unshakable foundation for the future partnership between our two countries."
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

PostSubject: Re: The Coronation   The Coronation - Page 2 EmptyMon 3 Aug 2009 - 19:26

The King kept a smiling face, however he noticed that there was somthing that made the men unhappy. He shrugged it off knowing that the culteral barrier had to be the issue and that it can only improve from here assuming things go well. His nervousness in meeting with so many indivuduals at once quickly subsided as Ndedi remained in the room to help King Gavin the II in any way he could.

"Thank You Premier Lukin. I would like to thank all of you for coming here today in an attempt to begin and improve relations between our nations. With both of us being new leaders to our nation's, we already have one thing in common." The King said, chuckling. He waited for this much to be translated and then began to speak again.

"I am hoping that we can begin a trade route quickly, as our nations are close. We have a grand supply of Iron, as well as automobiles should you need the, that I wouldbe happy to give to you in a trade. I woud like to know what you have to offer though." King Gavin said, as he looked to the translator to signify that he was finished and would be looking for a response. King Gavin the II turned his attention to Premier Lukin as he began to speak once again.
Back to top Go down
Porcu
Nation
Nation
Porcu

PostSubject: Re: The Coronation   The Coronation - Page 2 EmptyMon 3 Aug 2009 - 21:11

"We have no need for the automobiles of your capitalist enterprises but right now we are in need of raw materials for the development of an advance, modern industrial society." Lukin said.

"The Soviet Union cannot offer anything that will equal the value of whatever you provide in a trade agreement. Our land is currently small and fairly limited in natural resources, resources that are critical to the current development of our Soviet society and the lifeblood of our people."

"What I can guarantee is this," Lukin said, throwing his fist into the air, "that when the time comes, the Kingdom of Metz will require a strong and determined ally, which it will not find among the other nations of this region, to destroy a mortal enemy. It is at this time that Metz will look to the Soviet Union for assistance and she will provide everything she has towards this endeavor."

Sensing that this promise for future aid would not be enough, Lukin continued.

"However, despite being somewhat underdeveloped in terms of modern manufacturing capability Soviet heavy industry is among the best and I'm sure a contract can be agreed upon between your government agencies utilizing heavy industry and the Soviet industrial complex."
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

PostSubject: Re: The Coronation   The Coronation - Page 2 EmptyMon 3 Aug 2009 - 22:51

"Well my new friend Premier Lukin, as I have told everyone else that has come to my door...I am a very welcoming and friendly man, however I am hesitant to join agreements such as mutual defense pacts and such. Since I do not know your nation very well, due to its newly established, albiet sucessful, status, I do not trully know if you will be there for The Kingdom in the future. With this in mind, I hope I have not insulted you or your nation. I have a great respect for a young leader such as yourself, as we have a lot in common. This agreement for using the Soviet Heavy Industry does interest me however."The King had stated. He then wrote several things down on the paper in front of him while the translator did his job. The king then continued to speak after solving the problem he was working out on his paper.

"I would very much like to trade you Iron in exchange for the use of your Heavy industry facilities to assist my nation in creating some of the bigger, more heavy duty items that we need. For example, we currently need more factories for the creation of our automobils and for the creation of construction equipment so that we can continue to expand housing development into the borderlands of my nation, as well as a few other things. If you allow us to make our automobiles and construction equipment and ship them back to our nation, without interferance from taxation or tariffs or anything crazy such as that, then I will gladly give you Iron to help build the veins and industry of your grand country." The king finished speaking. He hoped that this would become the beginning of a new friendship, and a continuation to this era of peace within Hyrule.
Back to top Go down
Porcu
Nation
Nation
Porcu

PostSubject: Re: The Coronation   The Coronation - Page 2 EmptyMon 3 Aug 2009 - 23:12

Lukin had never expressly mentioned a defense pact or alliance. He had simply stated that when the time came the Soviet Union would, without a true call for aid, be in the position to assist Metz. However, that point was in the past already and the King's interest in a contract with Soviet heavy industry was front and center.

"There is no need to worry about tariffs, your Majesty." Lukin said, his translator right behind him. "Though you exploit your workers through the capitalist machine and deteriorate their beings with the by-products of said machine the Soviet Union is not in the business of running your country for you.

Iron for limited use of heavy industry?" Lukin repeated just to make sure he had heard the King correctly. With an affirmative answer, Lukin ordered a member of his delegation to start drafting the initial framework of the agreement.

"Is there anything else particularly urgent?" Lukin asked King Gavin, though the direct translation was slightly off from the actual meaning of the Premier's question.
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

PostSubject: Re: The Coronation   The Coronation - Page 2 EmptyMon 3 Aug 2009 - 23:26

"I will trade you an amount of Iron equal to the amount of Heavy industry I recieve. I would like to start small however, to ensure that this heavy industry is worth the effort and time, and see if it will prove to be benficial. So a small amount of Iron for limited use of Heavy Industry is only a beginning." The King replied quickly.

"Other than that, I will agree to the trade. Ndedi, grab a bottle of champagne. I feel that these men would like to share a toast in honor of our new agreement." The king said with a smile. Ndedi entered the room a few moments later as the men were drafting the agreement.
Back to top Go down
Porcu
Nation
Nation
Porcu

PostSubject: Re: The Coronation   The Coronation - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Aug 2009 - 22:42

OOC: You can go ahead and assume that things ended well and that after the agreement was signed the Soviet delegation returned home.
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

PostSubject: Re: The Coronation   The Coronation - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2009 - 0:52

(OOC: Agreed Porcu. Durandal, did you want this meeting to happen in this thread or were you going to start a new RP? Go ahead and post here if you want, otherwise PM me or ill PM you eventually)

King Gavin the II had sucessfully traded Iron to several nations and recieved many resources in return. Many nations already thought very highly of The Kingdom, which the King was sure to take note of. He quickly began to gather his things in preparation for his trip to Clamparapa and could not celebrate this achievement yet.

He thought of everything, from what he would bring, to what he would do in certain situations. He wanted this to go well, knowing that the intentions of Clamparapa were to create an alliance of sorts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Coronation   The Coronation - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Coronation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hyrule - A Time To Redefine :: The Graveyard :: Historical Archive :: Role Play :: Role Playing-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Video games | Roleplay Games (MMORPG, WOW...) | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com