0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

New Idea for the Regional Map Empty
PostSubject: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptySat 11 Jul 2009 - 23:21

I have an idea for the regional map that will be easy to maintain, easy to make adjustments/changes to and easy for everyone to look at and understand. All I did was take this map (A Map of an old Zelda Game) and turn it into the one below (See link).

New Proposed Map of Hyrule

-With this new map, for each Billion people in your NS population, you can claim 1 plot of land.
-If you have less than 1 Billion people, you may round up to 1 billion.
-If you have, for example, 3.565 Billion people, you get three plots of land, or if you have 500 Million people, you get one plot of land.
-This map contains 89 plots of land, and will work for the numbers of people that we will have RPing for awhile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=rhymetzia
New Sckar
Nation
Nation
New Sckar

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptySun 12 Jul 2009 - 2:09

I think it needs more islands, but thats just me. Great idea though
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptySun 12 Jul 2009 - 10:17

Its easy to add more too....If thats all it needs I can add way more. Smile

What if I added the Zelda Secret of Mana Map to it...
Back to top Go down
Ness Snorlaxia
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptySun 12 Jul 2009 - 12:05

I don't know if SM told you this, but I'm the one supposed to be in charge of the map. Tongue Out

Still, it's not bad. Do you mind if I use it as a base?
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptySun 12 Jul 2009 - 12:13

Sure go ahead. If you had something completely different in mind, then I have no problems with that either. I was just trying to speed things up a bit and help out in any way I can.

I'm trying to get as much posted on the forums as possible so that the people I send the recruit messeges to will see a lot on the forums and then right when they join there are some things for them to do...one that a lot of people like to do is claim a spot on the map. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ness Snorlaxia
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptySun 12 Jul 2009 - 16:39

Heh, I can completely understand where you're coming from, but for now it's best if we each focus on our certain roles.
Back to top Go down
New Sckar
Nation
Nation
New Sckar

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyWed 15 Jul 2009 - 0:25

Nessie's cracking down. We'll have no job stealing in this region. all illegal immigrants, look out!
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyThu 16 Jul 2009 - 14:54

Dearest Nessie,

Do you know when this masterpiece will be finished? I would like to be able to claim a spot and start some RP'ing sometime soon hopefully....
Back to top Go down
Ness Snorlaxia
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyThu 16 Jul 2009 - 21:28

I'll try to get it finished by the earlier part of next week. I've been a bit busy, so I haven't had much time to work on the map.
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyMon 20 Jul 2009 - 0:03

Cool Cool Smile looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
tallsville
Nation
Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyMon 20 Jul 2009 - 16:50

Me too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alexmanship
New Nation
New Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyMon 20 Jul 2009 - 18:22

Yep,waiting for the new map!My nation can't wait to be established!
Back to top Go down
Canton Rouge
Nation
Nation
Canton Rouge

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009 - 0:03

Yeah, time to establish a base of command!
Back to top Go down
Durandal
Nation
Nation
Durandal

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009 - 12:44

Nice job Metz! Can't wait for the first release of the new map!
Back to top Go down
Canton Rouge
Nation
Nation
Canton Rouge

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009 - 12:55

And out of curiosity, can you add just out in the ocean one more plot of land for the Pacific States Coalition? Even though I haven't made it, it serves as how should I say this, an RP enhancer? XD
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009 - 19:10

I thought of an Idea as well.

I was wondering if,
A) If you made a map like mine/using mine, can it be divided into 4 different maps, each one can contain a real life terrain/weather area, such as one would be "Africa" and anyone that claims a plot of land in that map can only pick terrain like that of Africa.

B) Is there any way we can institute resources using this map. I was thinking of doing something such as a gold dot means that your plot of land has gold, brown dot means cattle, black dot= oil ect. We can make more. This way when people go to RP they will have resources to trade with and whatnot. Each resource will be given a number and the MapMaker/Culture Minister can roll a die or use a number generator to pick a number and decide which resource each plot of land will have.

I think that this will help make the RP more realistic and of better quality/value.
What do others think?
Back to top Go down
Canton Rouge
Nation
Nation
Canton Rouge

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009 - 19:24

I like the resource idea
Back to top Go down
New Sckar
Nation
Nation
New Sckar

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009 - 19:37

it would be kinda weird to have a country that focuses on uranium mining without any uranium mines... honestly i dont like it. then again, i dont RP so i guess it doesnt matter to me
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyWed 22 Jul 2009 - 20:42

New Sckar wrote:
it would be kinda weird to have a country that focuses on uranium mining without any uranium mines... honestly i dont like it. then again, i dont RP so i guess it doesnt matter to me

I understand what your saying, but there are also many more resources in the world than there are for you to have in NS. Plus, people then cant say that their nation has, cattle, oil, metal, water, uranium and whatever else all within their nation.

This "System" would force trade to be a part of RP, and an important one at that: If you dont have oil-you better be trading for it, or good luck supporting your nation through a war. Otherwise people can just say that they have this and that resource and are able to do whatever.

Without this system trade is really irrelevant, since anyone can say-I have this and that resource ect. Plus, it also puts a limit on how much of a resource you have...for example, if you only have one oil resource but have a 5 million man army, then maybe you should still be trading for more-this would be RP'ed and can be made up, but it gives people the ability to make things as detailed or as easy as they want it to be...
Back to top Go down
Ness Snorlaxia
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyFri 24 Jul 2009 - 1:29

Wild MAP appeared! Tell me what you think of it, if anything should be changed, any good rules for it, et cetera.

I like the resource idea as well. I did make a basic terrain map, so I could distribute resources using that as a reference as well.
Back to top Go down
Canton Rouge
Nation
Nation
Canton Rouge

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyFri 24 Jul 2009 - 1:34

All the terrain map needs is a legend
Back to top Go down
Ness Snorlaxia
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptyFri 24 Jul 2009 - 1:44

I forgot to put that on the map itself, my bad! For now it's in text form before that map.
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptySat 25 Jul 2009 - 0:22

incredible.
Back to top Go down
chris92834
New Nation
New Nation

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptySun 26 Jul 2009 - 19:30

I am in favor of anything that creates simplicity.
Back to top Go down
Porcu
Nation
Nation
Porcu

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map EmptySun 2 Aug 2009 - 23:12

RL World map, anyone? Tongue Out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Idea for the Regional Map   New Idea for the Regional Map Empty

Back to top Go down

New Idea for the Regional Map
Page 1 of 1