Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TechnoUnion
Nation
Nation
TechnoUnion

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Defensive Alliance   Defensive Alliance EmptySun 26 Jul 2009 - 16:00

To: All Hyrule nations
Priority: Medium.

I propose we start thinking about creating a defensive alliance, similar to the UNTO. This would allow the member states to enjoy collective security privileges. The member states should pledge to collectively defend any alliance member under attack, or provide diplomatic assistance in case of foreign pressure. This can help us, minor developing nations, to establish ourselves within NationStates, and increase the world influence of the larger states.

Best Regards,
Office of the Overseer, F.UnTec
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Alliance   Defensive Alliance EmptySun 26 Jul 2009 - 16:17

(OOC [Out of Character]: This is an Roleplay RP thread. The Ministries are for dealing with things within Nationstates, not on the forum. For example, the Ministry of Foriegn affairs opens embassies with other regions. Hyrule could create a friendship with The East Pacific in NationStates for example. If you want to create an alliance with other nation in the region, then you are RPing...which is awesome Smile Someone will move this to the RolePlay Section of the forums for ya, and I'm sure others will post. Keep in mind that when Roleplaying people have friends and enemies in the region. When it comes to Hyrule against The East Pacific for example again with the same two regions I already used, we are all friends, all Hyrulean Citizens, and all under one Banner, the Banner of Hyule. I hope this makes sense...feel free to ask some questions if not. Smile You may also want to look at my RP thread, "The Coronation". I have already began having nations meet eachother and discuss trade/alliances ect.)

IC(In Character):

TO: The Office of The Overseer

We, the Kingdom of Metz, are happy to see a nation that is eager to make friends and not enemies. Before jumping to conclusions however, we would like to talk to a delegate, representative, or Leader in person. We are willing to send a delegate to your nation if you wish, however our King is currently meeting with several representatives from other nations around the world. If you wish to come to The Kingdom of Metz and join in on these one on one discussions with our King, King Gavin the II, you are more than welcome.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Signed,
King Gavin the II
King of the Kingdom of Metz

Ndedi Asomugha
Delegate/Representative of The Kingdom of Metz
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=rhymetzia
TechnoUnion
Nation
Nation
TechnoUnion

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Alliance   Defensive Alliance EmptySun 26 Jul 2009 - 17:53

TO: The Kingdom of Metz Foriegn Affairs Department

We welcome Your invitation. Our aim is to promote peaceful cooperation, cultural, technological and scientific exchange between nations. Our delegation is ready to proceed with negotiations. I believe, however, that this should be multilateral talks, involving several nations willing to form such an alliance. Just kindly provide our diplomats with some instructions on international affairs, and how and where exactly - which forum - we can use for these talks. I also believe that the leading, powerful nations should take the lead in this. Immediately upon receiving instructions, we will send our representatives for the talks. Other interested parties may join later, at any time.

You can provide our diplomats with necessary instructions by sending a telegram via NationStates telegraph system, to our nation's foreign affairs department (Federation of United Technocrats).

Best Regards.

Signed,
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Alliance   Defensive Alliance EmptySun 26 Jul 2009 - 19:24

(OOC: We dont use the Nationstates Telegram system for Roleplay. Evereything is done within the Role Play Section of the forums and only the Role Play section of the forums if that makes sense. So technically your letter does not make sense IC (In character) when it comes to Roleplay since we dont use the Telegram system and since you mentioned which forum to use. Its all good though Wink I'll reply and keep things going since I know what your trying to do... Also IC is the leader of your nation, a citizen, an army or whatever else you are pretending to be. OOC is you as a person talking. So, things mentioned OOC should not be used in the Roleplay....)

IC:

The king was in the middle of meeting with someone the Secratary from another country, so an aid sent a reply and set up this new meeting between The Kingdom and F.UnTec. After having recieved the letter, he made a few adjustments to the Kings schedule, placing a meeting with this new delegation, and then sent a reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We, The Kingdom of Metz, welcome this delegation with open arms and excitement. you may arrive at any time, as we have made preperations for a room and everything else so that you can stay as long as needed. We wish you the best of luck in your travels to The Kingdom and we anxiously await your arrival.

Signed,
King Gavin the II
King of The Kingdom of Metz
Back to top Go down
New Sckar
Nation
Nation
New Sckar

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Alliance   Defensive Alliance EmptyMon 27 Jul 2009 - 3:21

To: The Office of The Overseer
From: The Board of Directors at Sckar Enterprises International

We regret to inform you that we, at S.E.I., must respectfully decline your offer of alliance. The board of Directors cannot, at this time, be assured that an alignment with any one party is beneficial to our company's well being and are not willing to negotiate any exclusive contracts. As such, we hope that this does not lessen your view of us and that our two nations, and our people, can enjoy years of mutually profitable trade.

Signed:
David Sckar
CEO of S.E.I.
Back to top Go down
TechnoUnion
Nation
Nation
TechnoUnion

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Alliance   Defensive Alliance EmptyMon 27 Jul 2009 - 11:25

New Sckar wrote:
To: The Office of The Overseer
From: The Board of Directors at Sckar Enterprises International

We regret to inform you that we, at S.E.I., must respectfully decline your offer of alliance. The board of Directors cannot, at this time, be assured that an alignment with any one party is beneficial to our company's well being and are not willing to negotiate any exclusive contracts. As such, we hope that this does not lessen your view of us and that our two nations, and our people, can enjoy years of mutually profitable trade.

Signed:
David Sckar
CEO of S.E.I.

To: The Board of Directors at Sckar Enterprises International

We understand Your position, given the massive military Your State has at its disposal. However, speaking for the smaller states, we have to rely on a system of collective security to maintain a degree of independence. Besides, our alliance proposal is purely defensive in nature, i.e. the member commitment would only include helping its allies in case of an aggression or pressure.

As to the issue of trade, we believe Your tax rates of 97% are too large for any private enterprise we might be interested in, esp. given that Your import tariffs of 280% have been reported to cause a net loss to our exporters. Please take immediate steps to reduce taxes and give a preferential import factor to Hyrule nations. We seem to be unable to maintain profitable trade operations with tariffs over 70%.

Best Regards.

Signed,

Last edited by TechnoUnion on Mon 27 Jul 2009 - 11:46; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
TechnoUnion
Nation
Nation
TechnoUnion

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Alliance   Defensive Alliance EmptyMon 27 Jul 2009 - 11:42

Metz wrote:
IC:

The king was in the middle of meeting with someone the Secratary from another country, so an aid sent a reply and set up this new meeting between The Kingdom and F.UnTec. After having recieved the letter, he made a few adjustments to the Kings schedule, placing a meeting with this new delegation, and then sent a reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We, The Kingdom of Metz, welcome this delegation with open arms and excitement. you may arrive at any time, as we have made preperations for a room and everything else so that you can stay as long as needed. We wish you the best of luck in your travels to The Kingdom and we anxiously await your arrival.

Signed,
King Gavin the II
King of The Kingdom of Metz

IC:
The Federation of United Technocrats employed a "Teleconferencing" option to increase the effectiveness and expedite the diplomatic exchange. The two-way holographic transceiver was immediately transported to our friends in The Kingdom of Metz, to act as a quick medium for information exchange. A holographic representation of our Diplomat appeared in front of the representatives in The Kingdom of Metz Foriegn Affairs Department, and it was promptly transported to the presence of His Lordship, the King. Thus, the talks begun...

----------

F.UnTec Diplomat: Your Highness... (bows down) Permission to speak. Thank You, Your Highness. I trust You have studied our proposal? It is basically a defensive alliance which, we believe, should help improve the coherence, integrity, and overall security for all of the Hyrulean people. The Charter can be signed, which would require all member states to provide aid to each other in case of military aggression or political pressure. We believe it is a good start. We also hope You might employ Your influence, as a well respected regional power, with other nations that might find such a proposal attractive, and thus communicate and recommend the idea to their leaders as well. If You have any ideas of Your own, we would also like to hear them.
(F.UnTec Diplomat holds his hands together and awaits response)
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Alliance   Defensive Alliance EmptyTue 28 Jul 2009 - 11:20

(OOC: I am going to say this this RP happens before my meeting with the other nation leaders since technically right now he is in a room talking with Edward Elric of Tallsville. Also, to figure out what resources your nation has as their top three markets. For example, my Nation, "Sir Metz" has automobile manufactuing, Arms Manufactuing and beef-based agriculture as its top three markets. Waht is your actual nation name again?)

IC:

The King returned his bow and was delighted to see that this new nation was eager to begin relations with The Kingdom. He began to reply immediatly,

"Unfortunatly, I must decline this offer. We find it very humbling that you would come to us first with such a document. Our nation however is not willing to enter any agreements other than trade at this point untill we all learn more about each others nation and how they respond to other world events. I hope you understand this. Should this ever interest us in the future, near or far, I will contact you immediatly to attempt to retry this. I am interested in some trade. The Kingdom of Metz has a high concentration of Iron that we are willing to trade. It has many uses. We do not know what resources your nation has, however I may be interested in a trade. Can you please tell me what resources you have available for trade, if this interests you?"
Back to top Go down
TechnoUnion
Nation
Nation
TechnoUnion

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Alliance   Defensive Alliance EmptyThu 30 Jul 2009 - 13:04

(OOC: the name is United Technocrats)

IC:

F.UnTec Diplomat: We find the response to our initiative regrettable. We understand that we will have to rely on our own meagre resources for defense. As we explained to other trading partners, we find it difficult to maintain profitable operations with tariffs over 70%. With income taxes at 100%, Your taxation system effectively makes any form of trade impossible. However, since we have a few tons of excess uranium, we are willing to give it free of charge, as a gesture of goodwill.
(F.UnTec Diplomat bows again, as the holographic image fades)
Back to top Go down
TechnoUnion
Nation
Nation
TechnoUnion

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Alliance   Defensive Alliance EmptySat 1 Aug 2009 - 8:34

Re: Aims Letter
Priority: Low.

We hereby inform all interested parties of the Hyrule region, of our recent diplomatic success in helping resolve a potential conflict in New Charland. The details of the developments can be found in the international news archives:

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10190

The final purpose of the proposed defensive agreement was to form a regional defensive alliance, so we could act together in the interests of peace. This would empower Hyrule alliance member states to offer their mediation services to other troubled regions, and thus boost the overall Hyrule influence in the global arena. As we mentioned earlier, small nations cannot pledge large armies to such causes, which is why larger nations have to do so. In the mediation effort, the details of which can be found in the above mentioned records, we had to agree on the unilateral peacekeeping mission by a larger power from a different region. What we were hoping to achieve, was to reach an agreement about a Hyrule regional alliance, so that its Charter would be available on this forum, that would detail the joint forces available for peacekeeping from the alliance members, as well as all current peacekeeping missions. We hope that a day will come, in not a too distant future, when our vision of the world at peace, would become a reality. Until then, we remain dedicated to peaceful resolution of all conflicts, and we intend to continue offering our diplomatic and mediation services to other nations, in the pursuit of global peace.

Signed,
Office of the Overseer,
F.UnTec
Back to top Go down
South Malaysia
Administrator
Administrator
South Malaysia

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Alliance   Defensive Alliance EmptyMon 3 Aug 2009 - 1:28

Federal Department of Diplomacy Affairs

Press Release
Federated City, South Malaysia

After reviewing messages send to various different nations of Hyrule, the Federation of South Malaysia is alarmed, that United Technocrats has offered free uranium in a pursuit to form defensive alliances.

Furthermore the Federation of South Malaysia, a nation of advanced technology, is concerned that giving away dangerous substances could lead to interregional conflicts between states.

South Malaysia rarely will get into conflicts due to our upper hand in technological advancement, be try to be a nation looking to promote peace and to help end pain and suffering of humanoid species as far as our reach will allow us.

We urge Federation of United Technocrats being a nation of several advancements into modern-advanced technology to retract its offer of uranium in order to promote peace in the region.

With regards,

H. Roy Garfield
Undersecretary of the Federal Department of Diplomacy Affairs

(OOCfyi: Typically in RP we never play with other regions, its kind of a unwritten rule. Sadly NS is not ready to include a broader international view of NS)
Back to top Go down
http://hyrule.org
TechnoUnion
Nation
Nation
TechnoUnion

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Alliance   Defensive Alliance EmptyMon 3 Aug 2009 - 15:43

Addressing the concerns voiced by our respected colleagues from the great nation of South Malaysia,

We do not intend to export weapons grade uranium, or indeed enriched uranium at all. Our offer comprised natural uranium ores only. Therefore, we see no reason to call off the export procedure. In addition, we strongly believe our dedication to peace, as well as our loyalty to the region of Hyrule, can only be trusted as much as our word once we give it. We wish to reiterate our commitment to regional peace, and so we would like to take this opportunity to clarify the issue. In order to do so, we have asked our Department of Science to prepare a short report which should help understand that the material we are exporting is in no way a threat to regional peace.

===================================
Uranium is not a weapon, it is a resource. It can be used either for running nuclear power plants or research reactors (capable of producing isotopes for medical uses), or making weapons, but the latter option requires enriched uranium. Natural uranium is composed from two main isotopes, U-238 (99.3%) and U-235 (0.7%). Only U-235 is fissile (capable of sustaining a fission chain reaction). Its low proportion in ores is because it readily splits (so it has already decayed in natural deposits, over our planet's history), and this is also why You need to isolate U-235 to make weapons. Since both isotopes have identical chemical properties (both being the same element), there is no "chemical" way to separate them, so one has to rely on a technology such as specialized ultracentrifuge devices, to separate them by their weight. The procedure has to be repeated many times, with each subsequent processing yielding a product with a higher percentage of useful U-235, and this is called "enriched uranium." Once a high enough percentage is reached to allow a self-sustaining chain reaction to take place, the material can release lots of its excess mass as energy in a short burst (nuclear explosion) and this is known as "weapons-grade uranium."

Weapons-grade uranium is basically a highly enriched uranium (a mixture of the two isotopes with a high enough percentage of the fissile U-235). The leftover U-238 is known as "depleted uranium" (DU), which is still a bit radioactive, and being heavy, is being used in conventional penetrating warheads (owing to its high kinetic energy when fired at an armored target). We strongly oppose its use for this purpose, though.

We hope we demonstrated that trading in natural uranium (or uranium enriched to a low degree) can do no harm on its own. It can only be used in power plants or research reactors which also produce isotopes for medical purposes such as Mo-99, a parent nuclide of Tc-99m. If a country has no access to enrichment technologies (which are very expensive, complex and require costly protective measures for the personnel), it can only use it for peaceful purposes. If, on the other hand, the country does possess them, then it already has a nuclear program and is fully capable of producing its own enriched uranium. While the reactors can be designed so as to produce Pu-239 that can easily be converted to weapons-grade plutonium, this is a malpractice we believe Sir Metz would not resort to.
===================================

Signed,
Federation of United Technocrats
Office of the Overseer
Back to top Go down
TechnoUnion
Nation
Nation
TechnoUnion

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Alliance   Defensive Alliance EmptyFri 25 Sep 2009 - 16:21

Priority: Low.

Having received little international support, we have taken independent steps to protect our own security. We hereby inform other nations of Hyrule that our previous offer of creating a defensive alliance is no longer valid.

Regards,
Federation of United Technocrats
Central Core
Back to top Go down
United States Of Jonfor
Nation
Nation
United States Of Jonfor

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: we would like to form a alliance   Defensive Alliance EmptyMon 12 Oct 2009 - 14:03

to:The Office of The Overseer

We quite like the idea of a alliance, and as we see that you now , not want a alliance.We are sure, u will reject our offer.We got high defense level and will imeditly help you in such wars.We are not much agressive , but we do fight for our fellow nations.We hope u change your mind.Please answer back as fast as possible.
Long live Hyrule!

Signed
JOD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Defensive Alliance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Alliance   Defensive Alliance Empty

Back to top Go down

Defensive Alliance
Page 1 of 1