RP suggestion - White Dawn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Great AngloChinaLand
Nation
Nation

RP suggestion - White Dawn Empty
PostSubject: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn EmptyThu 6 Aug 2009 - 1:16

Ok... Here's my idea. One person, or maybe a coalition of two or three people, simulate a rebellious group gathering in the mountainous regions of Hyrule, styling themselves the White Dawn. They are slowly gathering (stealing and buying on the black market) weapons and technologies from external suppliers, and plan to launch a crusade of destruction upon any nation who denounces them.

My idea for the story arc is that it goes from small scale to grand scale - firstly, individuals on either side gathering information about each other, then moving up to terrorist attacks on nation's within Hyrule, followed by an assault on the terrorist HQ, or something along those lines.

I just thought this up, so details are sketchy at the moment, but I would appreciate any suggestions or comments, even if they are along the lines of 'Never, ever set up this role-play'!
Back to top Go down
Porcu
Nation
Nation
Porcu

PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn EmptyThu 6 Aug 2009 - 6:54

No, this is good and definitely something we can work with.

What if this rebellious group was armed partly by the Soviet Union, no one knows at first obviously, but then when the group goes global they turn on their former partner, in addition to attacking other major nations?
Back to top Go down
Great AngloChinaLand
Nation
Nation

PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn EmptyThu 6 Aug 2009 - 16:09

Ok, been thinking about this a bit more - thanks Porcu for your suggestion. I think that we have a start to a more detailed description here:

Hyrule - a land of rich and diverse cultures, steeped in history and united in strong bonds of alliance between nations. This is the image that Hyrule wants you to see. Beneath the lies and deception the ties of diplomacy are more fragile than ever before. A small group of rebels in the mountains of Hyrule, naming themselves White Dawn, have taken note of the weakness of Hyrule, and with their allies in the Soviet Union are amassing weapons and soldiers. Their goal - to steep Hyrule's rich land in the blood of its own people.

Will this insurrection provide the necessary stimulus for stronger diplomatic ties? Will the nations of Hyrule repel the rebels, and fend off the treacherous Soviet Union? When the time comes, will the rebels be able to tell the difference between friend and foe? Or will nations crumble under the onslaught of the greatest threat to Hyrule's stability yet?

All of this is for you to decide. When the White Dawn breaks over Hyrule, there can be only one victor - Hyrule, or Death.

Please keep the suggestions coming, it'll be a couple of days before I start this roleplay if there are enough takers. Please also register your interest to take part here, stating what role you would like to take within the battle.
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn EmptyThu 6 Aug 2009 - 17:11

I'm definatly up for this. I also have a Nation, Hidden Crossing that is the "Pirate Haven" of Hyrule and would gladly work alongside the White Dawn bringing them supplies via ships/sea and tranporting them as well through the sea. These mercenary forces of Hidden Crossing can also fight alongside of the White Dawn should they need to. Again, we would maybe slowly RP this relationship on a small scale and move up to a grand scale as you said...which I have some ideas to do that and I think will work.

I would also suggest you creating a national factfile for your nation itself, and you can then RP as "AngloChinaland" or whatever you wish to name your nation, as well as this group of rebels known as the "White Dawn"

Along with Hidden Crossing, I have a rebel force known as "The Resistance" that remains within 'The Borderlands' and lands just outside of my country trying to kill the king and take over the country. I am sure I can have them step in to fight against The Kingdom of Metz (My nation that I RP with) should I have The Kingdom of Metz attack/go to war with The White Dawn.

Basically, we can create a nice group of rebels, "The White Dawn, The Resistance, The Hidden League of Pirates, and The Soviet Union (Should they be iscovered as aids to these forces)" all fighting against the regular nations of Hyrule.

This is a very good idea AngloChinaLand, and I will glaldy participate...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=rhymetzia
Great AngloChinaLand
Nation
Nation

PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn EmptyThu 6 Aug 2009 - 19:21

So as I see it, we are at this point:

WHITE DAWN AND ALLIES
White Dawn, represented by MK
The Resistance, represented by Metz
Hidden Crossing, represented by Metz
The Soviet Union, represented by Porcu

HYRULE
Great AngloChinaLand (MK)
The Kingdom of Metz (Metz)

We could do with some more good guys, folks!
Back to top Go down
Metz
Minister of Immigration
Minister of Immigration
Metz

PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn EmptyThu 6 Aug 2009 - 19:28

Great AngloChinaLand wrote:

WHITE DAWN AND ALLIES

HYRULE

This actually isnt a bad setup...

My nation contains nearly 6 billion people, so I can throw as manny or as little guys into the war as needed to keep the RP going well, and to make sure things are even. With The Soviet Union and Hidden Crossing both being new nations they will not have a large standing military, and the resistance and the white dawn are only small rebel groups, at least not anything that would realistically be able to challenge The Kingdom of Metz entire Military...like I said though-I'm not going to throw my entire forces out there..I want this to be a good RP Smile

More people will join in too, I know Duran and Tallsville will most likely be interested even if they dont post in here and would most likely side with The Kingdom and MK...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=rhymetzia
Great AngloChinaLand
Nation
Nation

PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn EmptyThu 6 Aug 2009 - 19:58

Metz wrote:
Great AngloChinaLand wrote:

WHITE DAWN AND ALLIES

HYRULE

This actually isnt a bad setup...

My nation contains nearly 6 billion people, so I can throw as manny or as little guys into the war as needed to keep the RP going well, and to make sure things are even. With The Soviet Union and Hidden Crossing both being new nations they will not have a large standing military, and the resistance and the white dawn are only small rebel groups, at least not anything that would realistically be able to challenge The Kingdom of Metz entire Military...like I said though-I'm not going to throw my entire forces out there..I want this to be a good RP Smile

More people will join in too, I know Duran and Tallsville will most likely be interested even if they dont post in here and would most likely side with The Kingdom and MK...

You know, you've got a point there. My nation is new but like I say I can put enough in the field to make it interesting.

Ok, i'll think about this some more and maybe start it late tomorrow (GMT, means earlyish EST) as an open roleplay, close it after a couple of days. We can flesh out the story early on during the espionage phase.
Back to top Go down
Porcu
Nation
Nation
Porcu

PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn EmptyThu 6 Aug 2009 - 19:59

The point I was trying to make with the Soviet Union is not to openly assist the White Dawn, but to secretly provide them refuge, arms, and money in their fight.

From a Soviet perspective, most of Hyrule is dominated by Imperialist/Capitalist pigs and rather than openly fight against these forces (Metz, Canton Rouge, Clamparapa, etc.) the Soviet Union would rather use proxies to fight against the forces of capitalism.
Back to top Go down
Great AngloChinaLand
Nation
Nation

PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn EmptyThu 6 Aug 2009 - 20:12

What I meant by grouping you with White Dawn was just that - they are not necessarily taking an active role, but there needs to be some storyline behind where WD got their weapons from.
Back to top Go down
Porcu
Nation
Nation
Porcu

PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn EmptyThu 6 Aug 2009 - 23:09

Oh, alright. I just wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up.
Back to top Go down
tallsville
Nation
Nation

PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn EmptyFri 7 Aug 2009 - 12:39

Bah, why do you need good guys, I'm better at being evil! Ah, well, whatever, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Great AngloChinaLand
Nation
Nation

PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn EmptyFri 7 Aug 2009 - 16:16

Thanks everyone for your support! The role play is now up, please post opening statements to register your interest. The overriding storyline will be explained in the next statement from White Dawn.
Back to top Go down
Durandal
Nation
Nation
Durandal

PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn EmptySat 8 Aug 2009 - 16:48

We've actually done this before against Al Gedi and it was fuuuuun. Good idea!
Back to top Go down
Great AngloChinaLand
Nation
Nation

PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn EmptySat 8 Aug 2009 - 21:12

Cool, please join when ready.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion - White Dawn   RP suggestion - White Dawn Empty

Back to top Go down

RP suggestion - White Dawn
Page 1 of 1